So, you set up Gmail in Thunderbird and got this annoying [Gmail] folder? I got the fix for you!
- Right-click the account in the folder tree and select settings
- Go to “Server Settings” and click on “Advanced…”
- Set the “IMAP server directory” to “[Gmail]” (without quotes) and hit OK.
- Quit Thunderbird and open it again
- Wait for the change to take effect
To undo this change, follow the same steps but remove what you entered in “IMAP server directory”.
That’s all there is to it! I run this blog in my free time, if I helped you out, consider donating a coffee. (:
Thanks for the tip! I’ve been using Thunderbird on/off for a few years but I never knew this was a setting. I wish this was a thing by default considering that there’s an entire wizard that’s supposed to make it easy to setup accounts.